This Friday we will discover the three very similar kinds of dresses: the mermaid, trumpet and the fit and fare.
Fit and Flare:
Fit and flare wedding gowns can really give you flare!
– Create a very couture, fashion-forward silhouette.
– Can be a better option for petite brides, as it lends a slightly taller appearance than ball gown or a mermaid silhouettes.
+ Doesn’t have the tendency to swallow small frames like the ball gown silhouette.
+ Doesn’t shorten the frame as much as the dramatic segments created by the mermaid silhouette
– May emphasize a wide waistline.
– May emphasize wide hips.
Most trumpet wedding gowns begin to flare at about mid-thigh, and can be thought of as a sort of hybrid between the mermaid silhouette and the modified the fit and flare silhouette.
– Is a great option for full-figured brides who like the look of the mermaid silhouette, as it offers the perfect balance of curve accentuation and minimization.
– Allows more freedom of movement than the mermaid dresses
– May draw attention to a straight waistline.
The mermaid silhouette can really pack a glamorous punch:
– Highlight feminine curves, making it one of the best dress styles for hourglass figures- Add feminine curves to a straight figure
– A mermaid dress can feature a high neck and/or long sleeves, and still exude an alluring appeal; so you can look sexy and glamorous, even if you’d rather not show a lot of skin for the religious girls who want to be glamour too !!!
While the mermaid silhouette can be ultra-glamorous, it might not be the most flattering dress for your shape.!!
– A mermaid dress is typically best suited to slender figures, as it hides very little, revealing every curve.
– Mermaid dresses tend to emphasize a straight or wide waist.
– A mermaid dress may also emphasize wide hips.
– Mermaid dresses can restrict freedom of movement.
– Because the mermaid dress is such a form-fitting style, be mindful when choosing your undergarments – you don’t want any embarrassing lines peeking through your gown!
– The Fit and Flare flares right below the hip.
– The Trumpet flares gradually at mid-thigh.
– The Mermaid flares at or below the knee.
I hope you like this article!
If you have questions or subjects that you are interested in don’t hesitate to comment. For now, I wish you a wonderful weekend and I will be back next week, same day, same hour, for a new adventure …